International Medical Foundation Programme in Bath
The course lasts for one academic year (September to June) and prepares you for university entry in Medicine, Dentistry or Biomedical Science. The small-group teaching style and individual approach will provide you the support you need to reach your goals.
A number of different pathways into medicine-related studies are on offer following this course; your tutors will be able to advise you on the best route for your project, as well as assist you in your application.
Why Study the Medical Foundation Programme?
- An accessible route into UK medical and dental school, via one of four routes:
- Direct entry to a fast-track two-year BSc in Biomedical Science at Buckingham University (interviews held during the first term and conditional offers made). This can be followed by direct entry into the 3rd year of EU medical and dental schools, or application to UK Graduate Entry Medical Programmes.
- Direct entry onto an additional one-year Pre-Med course, which then leads to UK medical school programmes
- Application for direct entry to EU 5 or 6 year medical and dental programmes taught in English
- Direct application to UK undergraduate medicine or dentistry courses (highly competitive)
- Introductory sessions in Pathology, Physiology, Genetics and Pharmcology taught, in addition to Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Physics or Psychology
- Highly skilled and experienced teachers
- Specialist support for UCAS applications, BMAT/ UKCAT preparation and interview preparation
- As an alternative to the four medical routes explained above, the course qualifies successful graduates to progress to the first year of various BSc degree courses in the UK
- IELTS 6+
- Successful completion of Secondary School, with strong grades in Sciences
- Copy of passport
- School report and any certificates
- Written reference
- Personal statement explaining why you want to study in the UK and what you hope to achieve in the future
Talk to your adviser for more details and begin the application process together!